India - State Boundaries
The State Boundaries of India, Scraped from ECI's Poling Station Locations Website.
Before using this data, please note the following:
- The State Boundaries for the states of Jammu And Kashmir, Jharkhand, Assam, Manipur, Nagaland & Arunachal Pradesh, appear to be pre-delimitation boundaries.
- There is some shift in the data.
- Some State Boundaries Names seem to be incorrect or Missing.
- The State Boundaries in the State of Telengana are still marked as belonging to Andhra Pradesh
- The Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, and Lakshadweep do not have a state assembly.
Each state will have the following attributes.
- ST_NM: Name of the States as per the State Boundaries.
You can download the whole repository as a zip file to get everything you want. Using the button below. Download Everything
Right click on download link -> Save link as.
The dataset is shared under Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India license.
Please use the following lines to attribute the maps if you use in your work. You could link instead of printing the URLs in case of web projects.
If you have any issues with the maps, please report them on the github repository: